Ridge & Downes - Law Firm

This FAQ section is provided as a general guideline to the rights and responsibilities of an employee who has been injured on the job. It does not, and cannot, contain all of the benefits and obligations pertaining to each specific case. Furthermore, it does not set forth the statute of limitations, nor the time limitations, of what you must do for proceeding with a workers ’ compensation claim. Each workers’ compensation case is unique and the law is frequently modified by the legislature and the courts.

This FAQ section is not intended as a replacement for the advice of an experienced attorney. In fact, if you have suffered an injury that is work related, you should consult an attorney knowledgeable on the law in your State for proper advice regarding the same.

What if I can’t return to my job and need to find new employment?

The Act provides for Vocational Rehabilitation in the event that an injured worker is on permanent restrictions that prohibit his return to his former position. This consists of job re-training and placement assistance at the company’s expense for workers whose injuries have left them unable to perform their former jobs. The objective of Vocational Rehabilitation is to return the injured worker to suitable employment at a wage rate similar to that earned before the workplace injury.  

If you've been hurt in a workplace injury, let us help you get the settlement you deserve.


© 2010 by Ridge & Downes - All rights reserved.